A Christmas treat for chocolate fans! These festive brownies are laced with cranberries, cocoa and cacao.
Cocoa powder and cacao powder provide all of the health benefits of chocolate without the calories from added sugars. These powders offer double the amount of antioxidants as a bar of dark chocolate and as much fibre as most fruits and vegetables.
If you’ve not yet benefited from the amazing power of raw cacao, I’ll first list 7 health benefits of adding raw cacao to your diet:
1. Raw cacao helps stimulate your immune system.
2. Raw cacao boosts your energy level because it acts as a stimulant and this will boost your spirits.
3. It can help strengthen your cardiovascular system.
4. It can reduce chronic fatigue and general weakness caused by stress.
5. Pure chocolate is a mood enhancer because it directly stimulates various neurotransmitters in your brain (such as serotonin) to help reduce depression and to give a sense of euphoria or a sense of wellbeing.
6. It is also considered as a mild aphrodisiac as it has shown to increase sexual appetite after regular consumption. Yes, raw cacao brings out the vixen (ladies) and fox (gentlemen) in you!
7. Finally, raw cacao is a powerful super food that helps regulate your sleep. Cocoa and cacao powder are also a rich source of many essential minerals, including
magnesium, copper and iron.
These brownies are made by my sister Hilary every day at Select Stores Dalkey. They’re a real crowd pleaser. High in vitamin C, vitamin E, dietary fibre, essential fats and protein. Low GL.
|2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes|
|4 large eggs, beaten|
|90ml maple syrup|
|90ml date syrup|
|1 teaspoon vanilla paste|
|1 tablespoon vanilla essence|
|90ml coconut oil|
|100g ground almonds|
|60g cocoa powder|
|50g cacao powder|
|1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder|
|1 teaspoon Himalayan fine rock salt|
|70g dried cranberries Bee pollen, to decorate|